Aditya Narayan
Unique College
Solar Car
Students
Mohit Acharya
Sagar Manthan 2016-17

Applied Sciences - Department

The Department of Applied Sciences is the backbone of engineering system and comprises the primary disciplines of mathematics, chemistry and physics which support specialized inter disciplinary fields of teaching and research. These areas of study can be pursued through various specialized undergraduate and post-graduate programs. All academic programs emphasize the integration of the basic sciences within an interdisciplinary approach with the expressed intention of encouraging research, innovation and the preparation of graduates to work within a diverse range of professional practice as scientists.

Department of Applied Sciences is one of the indispensable departments of our Institute. It imparts excellent quality education in the area of Applied Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) and Humanities i.e., Communication skills for the future technocrats of all streams. It also aims to provide a strong foundation in the fundamental sciences. Students of engineering are provided with the basic tools of analysis as well as the knowledge of the principles on which engineering is based. The department also strives to instill the scientific temper and the spirit of enquiry in students. It encourages the students to understand and therefore apply the physical laws to the development of their fields of study.

Subjects Covered

Physics: Physics is conceptual and theoretical ladder for an engineer. The knowledge of Physics gives conceptual understanding to engineers in the field of Electronics and Communication, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering etc.

Mathematics: Mathematics is a conceptual tool to utilize and formulating the problem of any engineering discipline. A basic engineering knowledge is of utmost importance to any engineer. We have reputed faculty members who are involved to nurture and upgrade the basic of mathematics of upcoming engineers.

Chemistry: Chemistry apprises the students with fundamental knowledge of chemical reaction and their application and utilization in fields of engineering.

Professional Communication: Professional Communication is a training which glorifies the career of the engineers through improving the communication skills and inculcates their personalities with confidence.

Environment and Ecology: It makes the students aware of the environment and the interaction between humans and industries. It also trains them to implement the technical skill without effecting environment and do their bit for sustainable developments.

Laboratory Facilities: The Department of Applied Sciences comprises of 3 well-equipped Labs.

Physics Laboratory: To understand the theoretical aspect, we have a well equipped Laboratory which enables to verify the Physics Laws.

Chemistry Laboratory: To understand the concept, we have a well equipped Laboratory which enables to give insight view of material and their physical state through experiments.

Professional Communication Lab: To train and improve communication skill of the students we have a well equipped communication lab with state of the art software.

Achievements:
The department has the well trained and hard working faculty members in fields of physics, chemistry, mathematics and professional communication. Teachers of the department have four books and more than 75 research publications to their credit. They regularly communicate their research output to the known journals in the field and get them published. The books have elicited a good response and are being used by students and teachers elsewhere also.

Activities and Achievements

1. First Year Orientation Program
    Applied Sciences Dept. of Sagar Institute of Science & Technology, Gandhi Nagar Bhopal, organized an Orientation Programme "Shubhagham 2014" for the new entrants on 6th of August 2014. Fresher's mostly accompanied by parents, got their glimpse of college life and got a chance to interact with their new teachers and classmates. The objective of this programme was to groom and motivate the entrants to be good professionals, to inculcate the attributes and values of a professional and to develop a sense of commitment towards the nation and profession. This programme has been planned in terms of the refresher course and other activities so as to prepare the students to pursue their engineering with zeal and commitment. The Programme was chaired by Secretary Sagar Group, Mr.Siddharth Agrawal. He exhorted the students to cherish the ideals, the mission and vision of the college and bring laurels to the institution.
  2. Refresher Course
    The special subject refresher course for the new students of Sagar Institute of Science & Technology, Gandhi Nagar Bhopal, concluded on 23rd of August 2014. Eminent resource persons of Sagar Group and faculty members of college delivered lectures during the two-week course which began on August 7th, 2014. The objective of this programme was to groom and motivate the entrants to be good professionals. This programme was planned so as to prepare the students to pursue their engineering with zeal and commitment. Along with the regular course there were a few recreational activities.

More about us

Our Enterprises

Contact us

Sagar Institute of Science,Technology & Engineering (SISTec-E)

Sikandrabad, Near Ratibad,
Bhadbhada Road, Bhopal (M.P.)

Contact: 0755-2896722, 2896786

Email Id: admissions.sistece@sistec.ac.in